BEIRUT, LEBANON (11:55 A.M.) – The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) resumed their offensive in the East Ghouta suburb of Harasta this morning after a successful start on Sunday.
Led by their 4th Mechanized Division, the Syrian Arab Army stormed the defenses of Faylaq Al-Rahman and Hay’at Tahrir Al-Sham in Harasta, attacking the last buildings under their control in the Al-Ajami District.
According to a report from Damascus, the Syrian Arab Army is currently on the move in the Al-Ajami District, while they receive close air support from the SyAAF.
If the Syrian Army can take control of the Al-Ajami District from the jihadist rebels of Hay’at Tahrir Al-Sham and Faylaq Al-Rahman, they will be in control of Harasta’s western sector.
On February 26, Syrian government forces, led by the Republican Guard, opened a new front against Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (formerly Jabhat al-Nusra, the Syrian branch of al-Qaeda), Ahrar al-Sham and their allies in the Harasta area in the Eastern Ghouta region, near Damascus, according to pro-government sources.
Governemnt troops advanced on the militants’ positions in the district of Ajami where fighting erupted. The advance is reportedly supported by warplanes of the Syrian Arab Air Force.
- Syrian Army breaks through jihadist lines to enter key district in Harasta (video)
- Lavrov: “Ahrar Sham”, Jaish Al-Islam” Excluded from Ceasefire Regime
- موسكو قلقة: ندين التهديدات باستخدام القوة ضد دمشق
- روسيا: الخارجية الروسية: موسكو ستمنع بحزم أيّ محاولات لبث الهستيريا المعادية لروسيا وسوريا وتقويض عملية التسوية فيها
- Ryabkov: Russia Worried by Reports Use of Force against Syria
- US Coalition kills 29 civilians in Deir Ezzor just days after US envoy slams Syrian gov’t at UN
- لافروف: روسيا تتوقع مزيد من التصريحات الكاذبة عن استخدام أسلحة كيميائية في سوريا
- Russia Says Eastern Ghouta Militants Preparing Poisonous Agents Provocation
- White Helmets Accuse Syrian Forces Of Using Toxic Gas In Eastern Ghouta
- Kremlin: Terrorists Hold Civilians in Eastern Ghouta Hostages
- Government Forces Repelled Militant Attack On Kherbet Ghazalah In Southern Syria
- النظام التركي ينتهك قرار مجلس الأمن رقم 2401 ويصعد عدوانه على منطقة عفرين
- Turkish-backed rebels take control of another town in western Afrin
- Possible reason for deployment of Russia’s 5th generation Su-57 to Syria revealed
- Pro-Turkey Kurdish militia to join Operation Olive Branch against YPG in Afrin
- Hayat Tahrir al-Sham’s Propaganda And War In Syria
- Turkish-backed rebels seize 23 percent of Afrin since January 20th