BEIRUT, LEBANON (1:15 A.M.) – Unprecedented gains were acchieved in the eastern Aleppo countryside on Tuesday as the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) wrestled control of over 30 villages from ISIS in less than 24 hours.
Moments ago, the SAA’s Tiger Forces also captured the town of Al-Sukhny, thus setting foot on the western bank of Lake Assad (Euphrates River) for the first time in five years.
Effectively, the SAA’s offensive has almost entirely expelled ISIS from Aleppo province. In addition, the advances cancel any plans by the Kurdish-led ‘Syrian Democratic Forces’ about advancing towards Raqqa city from the western bank of the Euphrates River.
As a token of appreciation, the SAA brought two bottles of Euphrates water to Russian generals at Kuweiris Airbase in show of gratitude for their air support. According to AMN correspondent Yusha Yuseef, the symbolic bottles will be flown to Moscow shortly.
Next up, the Tiger Forces will strike southwards along Lake Assad until they encountered ISIS’ last defensive line on the axis between Jirah Airbase and Deir Hafer.
Due to today’s SAA advancements, the Tiger Forces have not only lived up to their reputation as fearsome assault troops, but also arguably proven to be the most effective fighting force in the fight to defeat the Islamic State.
HD map version here.
- Syrian Army Liberates Aleppo Water-pumping Station from ISIL Terrorists
- SYRIAN ARAB ARMY AND ALLIES ON THE VERGE OF MAJOR VICTORIES IN SYRIA
- Syrian Army amassing soldiers in northwest Aleppo for new offensive
- Syria Paying Price for not Bowing to US, Allies: Analyst
- Army inflicts heavy losses upon Takfiri terrorists in different areas
- Inter-jihadist war in Idlib ends as rival groups sign a deal, announce new Aleppo campaign
- In pictures: Syrian Army captures underground insurgent HQ in eastern Damascus
- U.S. Representative: “For years, our government has been providing support to armed groups working under the command of terrorists like Al-Qaeda and ISIS”
- بالخريطة .. تقدم الجيش السوري الكبير في ريف حلب الشرقي
- كام السيطرة على جبال العامرية والتلال المحيطة بها شرق وشمال تدمر
TO READ MORE ARTICLES FROM UPROOTED PALESTINIANS
CLICK ON = https://uprootedpalestinians.wordpress.com/